Saturday, October 15, 2011

don't forget yer rubbers...




one of my recent "Thrift Scores" included several pairs of work shoes, boots, pants and even mens Vintage Underwear all "New Old Stock"...somehow I ended up with a very OLD pair of Rubber Overshoes as well...at first I wasn't too pyched on these as I was expecting to find a nice pair of vintage work boots inside the box...on second look I noticed some pretty interesting details...there is Wing Tip design on the toe and the soles have a very "Machine Age" heavy duty Industrial Design...these rubber slip-ons appear very Work-Man looking, sorta look like something worn on an old fishing boat...even the inside details are worth a look...they are fully lined with colored canvas bonded to the molded rubber shell...I'm guessing these Rubbers to be 1940's as was most of the rest of the haul...to make a long story short, I was gonna toss these, and then on second thought, I figured I'd give 'em a try on Ebay...we will see if the collectors bite...
added 11//18 haha, no bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment